Feb. 25, 2022
Grooved pipe fitting is a newly developed type of steel pipe connection pipe fitting, also called clamp connection, which has many advantages.
The design specification of automatic sprinkler system proposes that the connection of system pipelines should use grooved connectors or screw thread and flange connections; pipes with a diameter equal to or greater than 100mm in the system should use flanged or grooved connectors in sections.
Grooved pipe connection technology, also known as clamp connection technology, has become the main technology for liquid and gas pipeline connections. Due to its advanced technology, it has been quickly accepted by the market and has gradually replaced flanges and welding.
The application of grooved pipe connection technology makes the complex pipe connection process simple, fast and convenient. A big step forward in plumbing technology.
Grooved fittings can be divided into two broad categories:
The groove connection fittings that serve as both connections and sealing primarily consist of three parts: a sealing rubber ring, a clamp, and a locking bolt. The rubber sealing ring located on the inner layer is placed on the outside of the connected pipe and fits with the pre-rolled groove, and then a clamp is fastened on the outside of the rubber ring, and then fastened with two bolts. Groove connections have very reliable sealing performance due to the unique sealable structure design of the rubber sealing ring and clamp. With the increase of fluid pressure in the pipe, its sealing performance is correspondingly enhanced.
1. The installation speed is fast. The grooved pipe fittings only need to be installed with the standard parts supplied and do not need subsequent work such as welding and galvanizing. Therefore, the installation speed is significantly faster than the threaded connection and flange connection, and the pipe can be automatically centred and aligned through the clamp. Construction efficiency can be greatly improved, and the pipeline installation period can be effectively shortened.
2. Safe and reliable. On the one hand, the grooving machine and hole opener used in the installation process are all special tools provided by the manufacturer, which can ensure the machining accuracy of the groove at the pipe end; Function, to achieve self-tightening sealing, the higher the internal pressure, the better the sealing. The nominal pressure of the fittings can be as high as 2.5MPa.
3. Easy to install. The number of bolts to be fastened for grooved pipe fittings is small, the operation is convenient, and only a wrench is required for disassembly and assembly.
4. Economy. The grooved clamp connection will not damage the galvanized layer. In addition, the pipeline does not need to be installed, galvanized and transported twice. Therefore, the installation cost is greatly reduced. Fast installation speeds can shorten construction time, enable the project to be used earlier, and generate economic benefits in advance.
5. Environmental protection. The piping and installation of grooved pipe fittings do not require welding or open flame operation. Therefore, there is no pollution, no damage to the galvanized layer inside and outside the pipe, and it will not pollute the construction site and the surrounding environment. In addition, it is conducive to fire prevention. Grooved connections reduce the transmission of noise and vibration due to the gaps between the pipe ends.
6. It is not limited by the installation site and is easy to maintain. The grooved pipe fittings can be pre-assembled first and can be adjusted arbitrarily before the bolts are locked. The piping sequence has no direction. It can be operated in a relatively compact space and place. It can be cleaned and replaced only by removing 2 joints during maintenance.
The above is our discussion on what is grooved fittings, Jianzhi's grooved fittings are FM UL approved, have quality assurance and as a manufacturer have the cheap price and custom specifications.
Tel: +86 022 8848 8866
Office In Tianjin:
Heping District, Tianjin, China.
Production Base 1:
Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China.
Production Base 2:
Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China.
Get the latest price by sending an email.