Mar. 14, 2022
Black steel pipe and fitting is uncoated steel, also known as black steel. The dark color comes from iron oxide that forms on its surface during the manufacturing process. When a steel pipe is forged, a black scale forms on its surface, giving it the finish seen on this type of pipe .
Galvanized steel pipe and fittingis steel covered with a layer of zinc metal. During the galvanizing process, the steel is dipped into a bath of molten zinc, ensuring a strong, uniform barrier coating. The galvanized pipe is covered with zinc material, which makes the steel pipe and fitting more resistant to corrosion.
What are the differences between them and how to identify them, this article will show you, as a black /galvanized pipe fitting supplier, .
· Both black and galvanized pipes and fittings are made of steel.
· While galvanized pipes and fittings have a zinc coating, black pipes and fittings do not
· Black pipes and fittings are more suitable for carrying gas due to their tendency to corrode. On the other hand, galvanized pipes and fittings are ideal for carrying water but not for gas
· Galvanized pipes and fittings are more expensive due to galvanizing
· Galvanized pipe and fittings is more durable
The main use of black steel pipes and fittings is to transport propane or natural gas to residential and commercial buildings. The pipe and fittings has no seams, making it a better pipe for carrying gas. Black steel pipe and fittings is also used in fire sprinkler systems because it is more fire resistant than galvanized pipe. The main use of galvanized pipe is to transport water to homes and commercial buildings. Zinc also prevents deposits from building up that could clog water pipes. Galvanized pipe and fittings is often used as scaffolding because of its corrosion resistance.
The zinc on galvanized pipes and fittings can flake off over time, clogging the pipes. Spalling can cause the pipe to burst. The use of galvanized pipes to carry gases can be dangerous. On the other hand, black steel pipes and fittings corrode more easily than galvanized pipes and fittings and allow minerals from the water to accumulate in them.
Galvanized wire pipe and fittings costs more than black steel pipe and fittings because of the zinc coating and manufacturing process involved in producing galvanized pipe. Galvanized fittings also cost more than black steel fittings. Galvanized steel pipes must never be joined with black steel pipes during the construction of residential or commercial buildings.
1. Check the color of the pipes and fittings. Black steel pipes and fittings are flat black and galvanized pipes are silver grey. Black steel pipe and fittings is darker than galvanized pipe and fittings.
2. Distinguish differences by the material they carry. Galvanized pipes and fittings are usually used for water transportation, and black steel pipes and fittings are used for gas transportation.
3. Distinguish from the usage time after installation. If the pipe and fittings was installed after the 1950s, it is likely black steel, as black steel pipe and fittings was used later than galvanized pipe and fittings.
Jianzhi pipe fittings use in water systems, petrochemical systems, gas systems, plumbing systems, among which plastic-lined pipe fittings can use in drinking water systems.In order to meet the needs of customers in different price markets, our malleable steel pipe fittings are divided into three series according to their product design standards: national standard, enterprise standard square edge, and enterprise standard round edge. According to the appearance processing technology, it can be divided into three series: black parts, hot-dip galvanized and cold-dip galvanized. Therefore, we can provide customers with 9 different options for the same type of product. There is a large room for customer price selection, which can fully meet the needs of different customers. Welcome to choose us！
Tel: +86 022 8848 8866
Office In Tianjin:
Heping District, Tianjin, China.
Production Base 1:
Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China.
Production Base 2:
Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China.
Get the latest price by sending an email.